Western Atlantic Station
|Western Atlantic Station|
|Part of||Department of Admiralty|
Western Atlantic Station was a naval station and major command of the British Royal Navy first created from 1942 as one of the geographical divisions into which the Royal Navy administered its worldwide responsibilities. It was defined so by the Department of Admiralty to identify the area jurisdiction of the Senior British Naval Officer, Western Atlantic In 1946 it was renamed the America and West Indies Station. It was renamed back to its original name in 1946 and existed until 1956.
After the end of the Second World War the former name of the station was restored.
- Harris, Dr Edward (3 December 2011). "HERITAGE MATTERS The Royal Gazette:Bermuda Island09". The Royal Gazette. Bermuda: The Bermuda Press. Retrieved 16 November 2019.