The Right Honourable

From Naval History Archive
Jump to navigationJump to search

The Right Honourable or (The Rt Hon. or Rt Hon.) is a form of address used within the House of Commons, for members of the Privy Council. Members of the person's own party will refer to him or Her as 'My Right Honourable Friend, the member for [constituency]'. Members of other parties will refer to him as 'The Right Honourable Gentleman or Right Honourable Lady, the member for [constituency]'. The Privy Council consists of, among others, Cabinet Ministers and a number of junior ministers as well as former office holders.[1]


  1. "How to Address an MP". Debrett's. Debrett's. Retrieved 6 December 2019.