The South Atlantic and South America Station was a major naval command area of the British Royal Navy established in 1958 as one of the geographical divisions into which the Royal Navy divided its worldwide responsibilities.. It was defined so by the Department of Admiralty to identify the area jurisdiction of the Commander-in-Chief, South Atlantic and South America. Due to a change in area of command. It replaced the former South Atlantic Station and existed until 1967 when it too was replaced by the South Africa Station.
Commander-in-Chief, South Atlantic and South America
Components under this command
The station encompassed a number of shore establishments and naval formations and other ships not attached to other fleets.
- ↑ British, Admiralty, January 1958, The Navy List, Flag Officers in Commission. H.M.S.O. London. p.303.