Scotland, Northern England, Northern Ireland Command
|Scotland, Northern England, Northern Ireland Command|
|Maritime HQ||Pitrevie, Scotland|
|First||Rear-Admiral John Tolhurst|
|Last||Rear-Admiral John Clink|
Scotland, Northern England, Northern Ireland Command was a major naval command of the British Royal Navy created April 1996. I was controlled and directed by the Flag Officer Scotland, Northern England, Northern Ireland until July 2015 when it was renamed back to Scotland and Northern Ireland Command.
Scotland, Northern England, Northern Ireland Command was a naval command of the British Royal Navy created 1996 as one of the geographical divisions into which the Royal Navy was organised. It was controlled and directed by the Flag Officer Scotland, Northern England, Northern Ireland until July 2015 when it was renamed back to Scotland and Northern Ireland Command.
Flag Officer Scotland, Northern England, Northern Ireland (FOSNNI)
- Rear-Admiral John Tolhurst, April 1996 – September 1997
- Rear-Admiral Michael Gregory, September 1997 – August 2000
- Rear-Admiral Derek Anthony, August 2000 – May 2003
- Rear-Admiral Nick Harris, May 2003 – April 2006
- Rear-Admiral Philip Wilcocks, April 2006 – December 2006
- Rear-Admiral Tony Johnstone-Burt, December 2006 – February 2008
- Rear-Admiral Philip Jones, February 2008 – September 2008
- Rear-AdmiralMartin Alabaster, September 2008 – September 2011
- Rear-Admiral Christopher Hockley, September 2011 – August 2014
- Rear-Admiral John Clink, August 2014 – July 2015
At various times it encompassed naval formations and other ships not attached to other fleets. In addition to shore establishments including, barracks, dockyards, depots, hospitals, refitting and re-supply bases, naval bases or victualling yards. Those components that were part of this station are shown below.
- "THE SCOTLAND, NORTHERN ENGLAND AND NORTHERN IRELAND COMMAND, ROYAL NAVY, (FOSNNI), MARITIME HEADQUARTERS PITREAVIE, OCTOBER 1995". Imperial War Museums. London, England.: Imperial War Museum. Retrieved 18 June 2020.
- Imperial War Museum. London, England.
- Committee, Great Britain: Parliament: House of Commons: Defence (2013). House of Commons - Defence Committee: The Defence Implications of Possible Independence - Volume I: HC 198: Sixth Report of Session 2013-14, Vol. 1: Report, Together with an Appendix, Formal Minutes and Oral Evidence. London: The Stationery Office. p. 15. ISBN 978-0-215-06246-8.