Royal Naval Engineering College
|Royal Naval Engineering College|
The Royal Naval Engineering College was a specialist training establishment of the Engineering Branch for the training of Royal Navy engineers. It was founded as Keyham College in 1880, new buildings were opened in Manadon in 1940 and the old college site at Keyham closed in 1958. The college was renamed HMS Thunderer in 1946, and closed in 1995.