North Sea Station
|North Sea Station|
|Garrison/HQ||Rn Base, Ramsgate|
|In Command||Commander-in-Chief, North Sea|
The North Sea has traditionally been an important naval command from the 13th to 15th centuries there was an Northern Admiralty based at Yarmouth that commanded the Northern Fleet. During the 16th century Vice Admirals were appointed to the command of the North Sea Squadron though on an adhoc basis. From 1652-1654 Yarmouth used by the Commonwealth Navy for stationing its North Sea Fleet during the First Anglo-Dutch War. A more permanent Royal Navy command was established in 1715. Its primary naval force was the North Sea Fleet. The North Sea naval station existed until 1815 when it was abolished and its forces were subsumed into the Nore Station.
Commander-in-Chief, North Sea
- "LETTERS FROM ADMIRALS ETC. - NORTH SEA". discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk. Kew, Surrey, England.: The National Archives UK. 1715–1815. Retrieved 23 July 2020.
- Davies, J. D. (2008). Pepys Navy: Ships, Men and Warfare 1649-89. Seaforth Publishing. p. 195. ISBN 9781783830220.
- Palmer, Charles John (1856). The History of Great Yarmouth, Designed as a Continuation of Manship's History of that Town. Louis Alfred Meall, The Quay. p. 275.