North America and Lakes of Canada Station

From Naval History Archive
Jump to navigationJump to search
North America and Lakes of Canada Station
Ensign of the Royal Navy animated.gif
White Ensign of the last Commander-in-Chief.
Active1817-1824
CountryUnited Kingdom
AllegianceBritish Empire
BranchRoyal Navy
TypeNaval Station
Part ofDepartment of Admiralty
Garrison/HQHalifax, Canada
Commanders
FirstRear-Admiral of the Blue: Sir David Milne
LastVice Admiral: Sir Willoughby Lake

The North America and Lakes of Canada Station [1] was a naval station of Royal Navy established on 15 March 1817. The headquarters of the station was in Halifax. On 18 May 1824 this station was abolished due to a change in area of command and this stations duties were merged with the Newfoundland Station that were unified to create the North America and Newfoundland Station.

History

The North America and Lakes of Canada Station was a naval station of Royal Navy established on 15 March 1817 replacing the North America Station. The headquarters of the station was in Halifax. On 18 May 1824 this station was abolished due to a change in area of command and this stations duties were merged with the Newfoundland Station that were unified to create the North America and Newfoundland Station.

In Command

Commander-in-Chief, North America and Lakes of Canada Station

References

  1. The Crown Nest, The Royal Canadian Navy Magazine. http://sous-marin.ca/crowsnest/1963-04.pdf . Royal Canadian Navy. page=25. April 1963.