Naval Mobilisation Department
|Jurisdiction||Government of the United Kingdom|
|Parent department||Department of Admiralty|
The Naval Mobilisation Department  was a former department of the British Admiralty initially from 1909 to 1910 when it was renamed the Mobilisation and Movements Department.  The department was responsible for plans, mobilisation of naval personnel and manning. 
In 1909 following organisational changes within the Naval Intelligence Department its Mobilisation and War Divisions  were merged to create a distinct Naval Mobilisation Department. The department existed only for a period of two years until the end of 1910 when the department was renamed the Mobilisation and Movements Department.
Directors of Naval Mobilisation
Heads of Manning Division, 1909-1910
- Captain Michael Culme-Seymour, October, 1909 - October 1910.
- Captain Osmond de B. Brock, November-December, 1910.
Heads of War Division, 1909-1912
- Captain George C. Cayley, October, 1909 - December 1909
- Captain Sydney R. Fremantle, January-December, 1910.
- Cobb, Stephen (Apr 8, 2016). Preparing for Blockade 1885-1914: Naval Contingency for Economic Warfare. Routledge. p. 35. ISBN 9781317076155.
- Jellicoe, Earl John Rushworth Jellicoe (1921). The Crisis of the Naval War. Library of Alexandria. p. 68. ISBN 9781465507914.
- Marder, Arthur (Jun 19, 2014). From the Dreadnought to Scapa Flow: Volume I: The Road to War 1904-1914. Seaforth Publishing. p. 248. ISBN 9781848321625.
- Samuels, Martin (Nov 5, 2013). Command Or Control?: Command, Training and Tactics in the British and German Armies, 1888-1918. Routledge. p. 38. ISBN 9781135238421.
- Cobb, Stephen (Apr 8, 2016). Preparing for Blockade 1885-1914: Naval Contingency for Economic Warfare. Routledge. p. 37. ISBN 9781317076155.
- CB1515(50) [later OU 6171/31] The Technical History and Index (Part 50): Mobilisation of the Fleet. Demobilisation Records, 1918-19, written by the Mobilisation Department of the Admiralty, January 1921.
- Rodger. N.A.M., (1979) The Admiralty (offices of state), T. Dalton, Lavenham, ISBN 978-0900963940.
- Hamilton C. I. (2011) The Making of the Modern Admiralty: British Naval Policy-Making, 1805–1927, Cambridge Military Histories, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 978-1139496544