Leeward Islands Squadron
From Naval History ArchiveJump to navigationJump to search
|Leeward Islands Squadron|
Ensign of the final C-in-C, Leeward Islands
|Part of||Barbadoes and Leeward Islands Station (1743-1772)|
Leeward Islands Station (1772-1821)
|Garrison/HQ||Antigua Dockyard and Barbados Dockyard|
|First||Commodore Distinction, Sir Charles Knowles|
|Last||Rear-Admiral of the White – William Charles Fahie,|
The Leeward Islands Squadron  was a naval formation of constituent ships assigned to the Leeward Islands Station  from 1772 to 1821. The squadron received shore support from Antigua Dockyard and Barbados Dockyard.
- Malcomson, Thomas (2016). Order and Disorder in the British Navy, 1793-1815: Control, Resistance, Flogging and Hanging. Barnsley, England.: Boydell & Brewer. p. 51. ISBN 978-1-78327-119-1.
- Malcomson. p.51.