|H.M. Dockyard, Invergordon|
|Part of Cromarty Station (1913-1945)|
|Invergordon, Cromarty Firth, Scotland|
Invergordon Naval Naval Base and Dockyard in WW2
|Controlled by||Board of Admiralty (1913-1946)|
|Captain-Superintendent, Invergordon Dockyard|
Invergordon Dockyard or formally H.M. Dockyard, Invergordon was a Royal Naval Dockyard located on the Cromarty Firth in Scotland. It was established in 1913 and deactivated in 1946. The dockyard was a component of the naval command Invergordon.
The Invergordon dockyard was located on the Cromarty Firth in Scotland. It was first established 1913, large dockside facilities were constructed, including fuel-oil storage facilities, and accommodation civilian and naval naval personnel. To protect the dockyard from attack two gun battery installations were constructed consisting of three 9 inch guns, one north and the other south. The naval base was deactivated after World War One in 1922, then reactivated during World War Two when it was used for primarily minor maintenance work and supplying fuel oil to visiting ships.
Captain-Superintendent, Invergordon Dockyard
- Captain Alexander Farrington, 28 February, 1919 – 30 June, 1922.
King's Harbour Master, Invergordon
- Commander Evan H. Martin, 24 January, 1919 – 20 December, 1920.
Deputy King's Harbour Master, Invergordon
- Commander Evan H. Martin, 20 December, 1920 – 2 August, 1921.
- Barclay, Dr Gordon J. (1 August 2013). "World War One Audit of Surviving Remains. Canmore". canmore.org.uk. Government of Scotland. Retrieved 20 June 2019.