Hong Kong Naval Yard
|HM Naval Yard, Hong Kong|
|Part of East Indies and China Station (1831-1865)|
China Station (1865-1941)
Hong Kong Station (1941-1997)
|Hong Kong in China|
|Controlled by||Navy Board (Ministry of Defence), UK.|
|Occupants||Royal Navy China Squadron|
Hong Kong Naval Yard or formally His Majesty's Naval Yard, Hong Kong was a Royal Naval Dockyard developed by the Department of Admiralty beginning in 1859. It was initially a repair and resupply base of the China Station until 1941 then later Eastern Fleet. The yard was initially managed by the Board of Admiralty and operated by the Royal Navy until 1964. It closed in 1997.
(1859-1997) — There was an RN Dockyard from 1859 to 1959 on Hong Kong Island, established on the site of an earlier victualling yard. The facility was adjacent to Hong Kong Naval Base known as HMS Tamar remained operational after the closure of the dockyard (albeit on a smaller scale) until the year before the Handover. (It then relocated briefly to Stonecutters Island, before closing in 1997).
- Ma, Koon-yiu. "Part2 Chapter 1.8 - Naval Dockyard". www.mardep.gov.hk. Marine Department, Government of Hong Kong. Retrieved 1 March 2020.