Flag Officer, Gibraltar
|Flag Officer, Gibraltar|
Ensign of the Royal Navy
|Reports to||First Sea Lord|
|Nominator||First Sea Lord|
|Appointer||Secretary of State for Defence|
Subject to formal approval by the Queen-in-Council
|First holder||Rear-Admiral, Patrick W.B. Brooking|
|Final holder||Rear-Admiral Geoffrey Biggs|
Flag Officer, Gibraltar was a senior British Royal Navy appointment and the succeeding office to the Vice-Admiral-in-Charge, Gibraltar established from June, 1948 to April, 1992 when this office was abolished. The office holder was responsible for the naval command of Gibraltar.
- Rear-Admiral, Patrick W.B. Brooking: June 1948-June 1950, (ditto).
- Vice-Admiral Lord Ashbourne: June 1950-May 1952
- Rear-Admiral St. John A. Micklethwait: May 1952-October 1953
- Rear-Admiral Harry P. Currey: October 1953-May 1956
- Rear-Admiral Roy S. Foster-Brown: May 1956-February 1959
- Rear-Admiral Philip F. Powlett: February 1959-March 1962
- Rear-Admiral Erroll N. Sinclair: March 1962-July 1964
- Rear-Admiral Thomas W. Best: July 1964-November 1966
- Rear-Admiral Michael F. Fell: November 1966-April 1968
- Rear-Admiral Ian W. Jamieson: April 1968-October 1969
- Rear-Admiral A. Rodney B. Sturdee: October 1969-January 1972.
- Rear-Admiral Hubert Walter Elphinstone Hollins: January 1972-May 1974
- Rear-Admiral Sefton R. Sandford: May 1974-September 1976
- Rear-Admiral Michael L. Stacey: September 1976-January 1979
- Rear-Admiral Gwynedd Pritchard: January 1979-January 1981
- Rear-Admiral D. John Mackenzie: January 1981-January 1983
- Rear-Admiral George Vallings: January 1983-March 1985
- Rear-Admiral Peter G.V. Dingemans: March 1985-September 1987
- Rear-Admiral the Hon. Nicholas J. Hill-Norton: September 1987-January 1990
- Rear-Admiral Geoffrey Biggs (January 1990-April 1992)
- Archer, E. G. (2013). Gibraltar, Identity and Empire. Cambridge: Routledge. p. 147. ISBN 978-1-136-00550-3.
- "Rear Admiral Rodney Sturdee: Flag Officer Gibraltar 1969 72". The Times Newspaper. London: News Corp UK. 5 November 2009. Retrieved 7 April 2020.