|Role||Area of Responsibility|
|Garrison/HQ||Devonport Dockyard, England|
|First||Admiral of the White|
Sir John West
Sir Algernon Lyons
The command was one of the geographical divisions into which the Royal Navy divided its worldwide responsibilities.
- 1 History
- 2 In Command
- 3 Components
- 4 Footnotes
The station dates back to around 1743 when it was formed as the Plymouth Station. Its area of responsibility extended along the South Coast from Exmouth in East Devon to Penzance in Cornwall. In 1845 the Plymouth Station was renamed the Devonport Station and remained so until 1896, when it reverted back to its original name. The station was commanded by the Commander-in-Chief, Devonport.
Commander-in-Chief, Devonport (1845-1896)
Admiral-Superintendent, Plymouth Dockyard (1845-1846)
Admiral-Superintendent, Devonport Dockyard (1846-1850)
Commodore-Superintendent, Devonport Dockyard (1850-1854)
Admiral-Superintendent, Devonport Dockyard (1854-1896)
- "Augustus Phillimore in ceremonial uniform, as Commander-in-Chief, Devonport". discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk. Kew, London: National Archives UK. 1885. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
- Donnithorne, Christopher (May 2017). "Naval Biographical Database". www.navylist.org. C. Donnithorne. Retrieved 19 August 2019.