Department of the Comptroller of the Steam Machinery
The Department of the Comptroller of the Steam Machinery ,was a subsidiary of the Department of Admiralty established on 1846 following a renaming of the Steam Department. It was superintended by Comptroller of the Steam Machinery. In 1850 it was renamed as the Steam Branch.
Head of Department
Comptroller of the Steam Machinery
Chief Engineer and Inspector of Steam Machinery
- Thomas Lloyd, 1847-1850.
- Patmore, Coventry Kersey Dighton (1850). "African Squadron". British Museum Commission: Catalogue of Printed Books. London, England.: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green. p. 244.
- Admiralty, Great Britain (1848). The Navy List. London, England.: H.M. Stationery Office. p. 236.
- Peter, Davis. "Biography of Alexander Ellice R.N." www.pdavis.nl. Zeist, Netherlands.: P. Davis. Retrieved 27 January 2020.
- O'Byrne, William Richard (1849). A Naval Biographical Dictionary, Ellice, Alexander. London, England.: John Murray. p. 331.
- Smith, Edgar C. (2013). A Short History of Naval and Marine Engineering. Cambridge, England.: Cambridge University Press. p. 341. ISBN 978-1-107-67293-2.