Contract Office (Navy Office)

From Naval History Archive
(Redirected from Contract Office)
Jump to navigationJump to search

The Contract Office was a component of the Navy Office established in 1803 and abolished in 1832. The office was administered by the Navy Board Chief Clerk. Following the abolition of Navy Board in 1832 this office continued as part of the Department of Admiralty and was renamed the Contract and Purchase Department.