Commodore-Superintendent, Gibraltar Dockyard
|Office of the|
Admiral-Superintendent, Gibraltar Dockyard
|H.M. Dockyard, Gibraltar|
|Appointer||First Lord of the Admiralty|
|Term length||not fixed|
usually 1-4 years
|Precursor||Admiral-Superintendent, Gibraltar Dockyard|
|Formation||26 June, 1941|
|First holder||Rear-Admiral Henry Bertram Pelly|
|Final holder||Rear-Admiral A. Rodney B. Sturdee|
|Abolished||1 July, 1945|
|Succession||Admiral-Superintendent, Gibraltar Dockyard|
The Commodore-Superintendent, Gibraltar Dockyard was a senior Royal Navy appointment established on 26 June, 1941 when it replaced the earlier office of Admiral-Superintendent, Gibraltar Dockyard. On 1 Julym 1946 this post was abolished. On 15 August, 1945 the previous office of Admiral-Superintendent, Gibraltar Dockyard revived.
The post holder was responsible for the command of H.M. Dockyard, Gibraltar.
The office was first created on 26 June, 1941 following the appointment of Commodore, Second Class Albert John Robertson. The office holder was responsible for the control and direction of the Gibraltar Dockyard. On 1 July, 1945 this office was abolished and replaced a new post Admiral-Superintendent, Gibraltar Dockyard. The final post holder was Commodore, Second Class Hugh Richard Marrack.
- Commodore, Second Class Albert John Robertson, 26 June, 1941 – 19 August, 1943, (also Commodore-in-Charge, Gibraltar).
- Commodore, Second Class Hugh Richard Marrack, 19 August, 1943 – 1 July, 1945, (ditto).