|Part of||East Indies and China Station|
|Garrison/HQ||RN Base, Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
The China Squadron  was a naval formation of constituent ships assigned to the East Indies and China Station that was established in 1831. In 1865 the East Indies and China Station was divided into two independent naval commands, this squadron then became the main formation of the China Station until 1941 when it was abolished.
In 1831 it the East Indies Station was renamed the East Indies and China Station and a new China Squadron was formally constituted to operate and cover the waters off the coast of mainland China. Whilst the East Indies Squadron covered the waters in the Indian Ocean. In 1865 East Indies and China Station was divided into two independent naval commands, this squadron was then the main formation of the China Station until 1941. In October, 1941 the ships of both the China Squadron and East Indies Squadron were amalgamated to create the Eastern Fleet.
|5th Cruiser Squadron||1939||1941|
|5th Light Cruiser Squadron||1919||1939|
|8th Destroyer Flotilla||1927||1939|
|21st Destroyer Flotilla||1939||1939|
|4th Submarine Flotilla||1919||1941|
|2nd Minesweeper Flotilla||1939||1941|
|2nd Motor Torpedo Boat Flotilla||1939||1941|
|Hong Kong Local Defence Flotilla||1939||1941|
|West River Flotilla||1914||1941|
|Upper Yangtse Flotilla||1914||1940|
|Lower Yangtse Flotilla||1914||1940|
- Kennedy, Greg (2004). British Naval Strategy East of Suez, 1900-2000: Influences and Actions. Oxford, England.: Routledge. p. 35. ISBN 978-1-135-76967-3.