|Garrison/HQ||RN Base, Buncrana|
The Buncrana was sub unit naval command of the Royal Navy headquartered at Buncrana, County Donegal, Ireland. It was initially part of the Coast of Ireland Station then Western Approaches Station during World War One. In December, 1919 it was renamed Buncrana Area until 1922.
- Captain Herbert Chatterton, before February, 1916 – June, 1916.
- Captain R.N.R. Frank Finnis, 4 June, 1916 – 18 May, 1917.
- Captain Edward G. Lowther-Crofton, 15 July, 1919 – 31 December, 1919.
At various times it encompassed naval formations and other ships not attached to other fleets. In addition to shore establishments including, barracks, dockyards, depots, hospitals, refitting and re-supply bases, naval bases or victualling yards. Those components that were part of this station are shown below.
- Harley, Simon; Lovell, Tony (20 July 2017). "Buncrana - The Dreadnought Project". dreadnoughtproject.org. Harley and Lovell. Retrieved 21 February 2020.