Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Weapons)
|Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Weapons)|
Ensign of the Royal Navy
|Department of Admiralty|
|Member of||Board of Admiralty|
|Reports to||Vice Chief of Naval Staff|
|Nominator||First Lord of the Admiralty|
Subject to formal approval by the Queen-in-Council
|Term length||Not fixed (typically 1–3 years)|
|Inaugural holder||Rear-Admiral Rhoderick R. McGrigor|
The Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Weapons) was a senior British Royal Navy appointment. The post holder was part of the Admiralty Naval Staff and member of the Board of Admiralty from September, 1941 to April, 1946.
Originally created in September 1941 as a new position due to the re-evaluating of the responsibilities of the Assistant Chief of Naval Staff the post holder was a part of the Admiralty Naval Staff and member of the Board of Admiralty. The post holder was responsible for supervising the directors of a number of naval staff divisions specifically the Gunnery Division and Torpedo Division's until April 1946 when the post was abolished.
- Rear-Admiral Rhoderick R. McGrigor, — (September 1941–March 1943) 
- Rear-Admiral Wilfrid R. Patterson, — (March 1943-February 1945)
- Rear-Admiral Robert Don Oliver, — (February 1945–April 1946)
- Clancy, Patrick; Straka, William. "HyperWar: War at Sea 1939-1945, I: The Defensive [Chapter 1]". ibiblio.org. HyperWar Foundation, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2013. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- Watson, Dr. Graham. "The Organisation of the Admiralty 1939 to 1945". naval-history.net. Gordon Smith, Naval History.Net, 19 Sep 2015. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- "BOARD OF ADMIRALTY". hansard.com. Hansard, HC Deb 17 February 1942 vol 377 cc 1646-50. Retrieved 25 January 2020.