Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Policy)
|Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Policy)|
Ensign of the Royal Navy
|Navy Department (1966-1984)|
|Member of||Board of Admiralty|
|Reports to||Vice Chief of Naval Staff (1966-1984)|
|Nominator||First Sea Lord|
Minister of Defence for the Royal Navy
Subject to formal approval by the Queen-in-Council
|Term length||Not fixed (typically 1–3 years)|
|Inaugural holder||Rear-Admiral: John Adams|
The Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Policy) is a senior British Royal Navy appointment. The post holder was first established in April, 1966 until October, 1984 and again from January, 2012 to present.
The post was established in April 1966 following a renaming of office of the Assistant Chief of Naval Staff. The office holder was responsible for supervising the directors of a number of naval military staff directorates until October, 1984 when it was renamed back to Assistant Chief of Naval Staff. In January 2012 the post Assistant Chief of Naval Staff was re designated Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Policy).
- Rear-Admiral: John Adams, — (April 1966–January 1968)
- Rear-Admiral: Terence Lewin, — (January 1968–June 1969)
- Rear-Admiral: Ian Easton, — (June 1969–April 1971)
- Rear-Admiral: Henry C. Leach, — (April 1971–November 1973)
- Rear-Admiral: Peter E.C. Berger, — (November 1973–December 1975)
- Rear-Admiral: Michael L. Stacey, — (December 1975–July 1976)
- Rear-Admiral: Bryan J. Straker, — (July 1976–June 1978)
- Rear-Admiral: James E.C. Kennon, — (June 1978–December 1979)
- Rear-Admiral: Derek R. Reffell, — (December 1979–December 1981)
- Rear-Admiral: Geoffrey T.J.O. Dalton, — (December 1981–October 1984)
- Rear-Admiral:Matthew J. Parr — (January 2012–May 2013)
- Rear-Admiral: Clive Johnstone — (May 2013–September 2015)
- Rear-Admiral: Nicholas W. Hine — (September 2015–January 2019)
- Major-General Gwyn Jenkins RM. (January 2019 - present)
- "Transparency data Navy Command senior, as of March 2014". www.gov.uk. Ministry of Defence, 2014. Retrieved 26 December 2019.
- "Navy Board". royalnavy.mod.uk. MOD, UK, 2016. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- "Press Reader Article". Pressreader.com. Daily Telegraphy. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
under TLB holder
|aviation and carriers|