Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Operational Requirements)
|Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Operational Requirements)|
Ensign of the Royal Navy
|Naval Staff (Navy Department) (1968-1985)|
|Member of||Board of Admiralty|
|Reports to||Vice Chief of Naval Staff|
|Nominator||First Sea Lord|
Minister of Defence for the Royal Navy
Subject to formal approval by the Queen-in-Council
|Term length||Not fixed (typically 1–3 years)|
|Inaugural holder||Rear-Admiral J. Rae McKaig|
The Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Operational Requirements) was a senior British Royal Navy appointment. The post holder was part of the Naval Staff (Navy Department) from May, 1968 to January, 1985.
The post was established in May, 1968 following a reorganisation of the British Naval Staff when the Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Warfare) was renamed to Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Operational Requirements) . The office holder was responsible for supervising the directors of a number of naval military staff directorates until January, 1985 when the post was abolished.
- Rear-Admiral J. Rae McKaig, — (May 1968–October 1970) 
- Rear-Admiral Philip Higham, — (October 1970-October 1972)
- Rear-Admiral James George Jungius, — (October 1972–November 1974)
- Rear-Admiral Alan G. Watson, — (November 1974–November 1976)
- Rear-Admiral Stephen Berthon, — (November 1976-February 1978) 
- Rear-Admiral Simon A. C. Cassels, — (February 1978–December 1980)
- Rear-AdmiralPeter Stanford, — (December 1980–September 1982)
- Rear-Admiral Geoffrey G. W. Marsh, — (September 1982–May 1984) 
- Rear-Admiral John B. Kerr, — (September 1984–January 1985)
- Hampshire, Dr Edward (Apr 28, 2013). From East of Suez to the Eastern Atlantic: British Naval Policy 1964-70. Ashgate Publishing, Ltd. p. 264. ISBN 9781409466147.
- Houterman, Hans; Koppes, Jeroen. "Royal Navy Officers". unithistories.com. Houterman and Koppes, 2009-2016. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "Rear-Admiral Geoff Marsh - obituary". Telegraph.co.uk. The Daily Telegraph, 12 Nov, 2014. Retrieved 23 November 2016.