Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Home)
|Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Home)|
Ensign of the Royal Navy
|Department of Admiralty|
|Member of||Board of Admiralty|
|Reports to||Vice-Chief of Naval Staff|
|Nominator||First Sea Lord and Chief of Naval Staff|
|Appointer||First Lord of the Admiralty|
Subject to formal approval by the Queen-in-Council
|Term length||Not fixed (typically 1–3 years)|
|Inaugural holder||Rear-Admiral Arthur J. Power|
Established as a new position in 1940 as part of the restructuring of the responsibilities of the Assistant Chief of Naval Staff the post holder was a part of the Admiralty Naval Staff and member of the Board of Admiralty. He was responsible for supervising the directors of a number of naval staff divisions namely the Anti-Submarine and Warfare Division, Local Defence Division, Operations Division (Home), Operations Division (Mining) and the Training and Staff Duties Division until 1945.
- Rear-Admiral Arthur J. Power, — (May 1940–May 1942) 
- Rear-Admiral E. J. Patrick Brind, — (May 1942–August 1944)
- Rear-Admiral E. Desmond B. McCarthy, — (August 1944–October 1945)
- Clancy, Patrick; Straka, William. "HyperWar: War at Sea 1939-1945, I: The Defensive [Chapter 1]". ibiblio.org. HyperWar Foundation, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2013. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- Watson, Dr. Graham. "The Organisation of the Admiralty 1939 to 1945". naval-history.net. Gordon Smith, Naval History.Net, 19 Sep 2015. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- Heathcote, T. A. (2002). British Admirals of the Fleet: 1734-1995. Barnsley: Pen and Sword. p. 219. ISBN 9780850528350.