Admiralty Experimental Station
|Jurisdiction||Government of the United Kingdom|
|Parent agency||Department of Admiralty|
The Admiralty Experimental Station was a research department of the Admiralty set up in 1915. Initially its research centered round submarine detection methods. In 1921 it was replaced by the Admiralty Research Laboratory.
During the First World War, the Anti-Submarine Division of the Admiralty Naval Staff had established experimental stations. In 1915 The first Admiralty Experimental Station was set up by the Admiralty at Aberdour, Fife. 1917. The experimental station worked with Lancashire Anti-Submarine Committee and the Clyde Anti-Submarine Committee. In 1921 it was replaced by the Admiralty Research Laboratory based at Teddington, England.
Locations of Experimental Stations
- 1915 Experimental Station Abedour
- 1917 Experimental Station Parkeston Quay
- 1919 Experimental Station Shandon
- Experimental Out Station Dartmouth
- "Admiralty: Admiralty Experimental Station and Admiralty Research Laboratory: Correspondence and Papers". Kew, London: National Archives UK. 1915–1977. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- National Archives UK.