The Admiralty Commission was the organisation charged with the control and direction of the Admiralty and Marine Affairs Office, and HM Naval Service. It replaced the English Council of State from 1659 to 1660 when control of naval affairs then passed to the Board of Admiralty. The admiralty commissioners were appointed by the parliament and consisted initially of members from both the House of Commons and House of Lords.
- "Admiralty Commission". discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk. Kew, Surrey, England.: National Archives UK. 1659–1660. Retrieved 7 June 2020.