Accountant-General of the Navy
|Office of the Accountant-General of the Navy|
|Department of Admiralty|
|Member of||Navy Board|
Board of Admiralty
|Nominator||First Lord of the Admiralty|
|Appointer||First Lord of the Admiralty|
|Term length||(typically 1–3 years)|
|First holder||Sir John Deas Thomson|
|Final holder||Conrad James Naef|
|Succession||Naval Secretary to the First Lord of the Admiralty|
|Deputy||Assistant Private Secretary to the First Lord of the Admiralty|
The Accountant-General of the Royal Navy was the senior official charged by the British Government with preparing and reviewing the Naval Estimates, having to be acquainted with all aspects of expenditure. His office was established in 1829. He was one of the principal commissioners and member of the Navy Board until 1832 when that board was abolished. He then became a temporary member of the Board of Admiralty until 1869. In 1932 his office was abolished.
He was responsible for administering the Department of the Accountant-General of the Navy.
- Preparation of all Navy Estimates in relation to the Department of Admiralty.
- Prepare and submit an Annual Appropriation of Account
- Superintendence of the Department of the Accountant-General of the Navy
- Sir John Deas Thomson (1829-1832) 
- Sir John Thomas Briggs (1832-1854) 
- Sir Richard Maddox Bromley, K.C.B. (1854-1863)
- James Beebey (1863-1872)
- H.W.R. Walker (1872-1878)
- Sir Robert G. C. Hamilton, (1878-1882) 
- Sir William Willis (1882-1885)
- Sir Gerald FitzGerald (1885-1896) 
- Sir Richard Davis Awdry, K.C.B. (1896-1904) 
- Sir Gordon W. Miller, C.B. (1904-1906) 
- Sir Alfred Eyles (1906-1918) 
- Conrad James Naef (1923,1931)
- Collinge, J. M. (1978). "Principal officers and commissioners, Navy Board, British History Online". www.british-history.ac.uk. University of London,. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- Archives, The National. "Briggs, Sir John Thomas (1781-1865) Knight Accountant General of the Navy". discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk. National Archives. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- Moodie Heddle, J. G. F. Orkney and Shetland. CUP Archive. p. 160.
- FitzGerald, Sir Gerald. "Person Page". thepeerage.com. The Peerage. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "714 The Edinburgh Gazette," (PDF). thegazette.co.uk. The Edinburgh Gazette, 1902. July 1902. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- Archives, The National. "Miller, Sir Gordon William (1844-1906), Knight, Accountant General of the Navy". discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk. National Archives. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "Navy lists: 1913-1914, 1918-1920, 1939-1940:". National Library of Scotland. p. 535. Retrieved 22 September 2019.