6th Battle Squadron
PLEASE NOTE THIS PAGE IS UNDERGOING CONSTRUCTION'
|6th Battle Squadron|
|In Command||Rear/Vice Commanding, 6th Battle Squadron|
The 6th Battle Squadron or Sixth Battle Squadron was a formation of Battle Ships of the Royal Navy, it was formed in 1913 and disbanded in 1917. It was commanded by the Rear-Admiral or Vice-Admiral Commanding, 6th Battle Squadron.
In August 1914 the squadron was assigned to the Second Fleet until late 1914 before its ships were dispersed and some transfrered to the 5th battle Squadron whilst others were sent to the Mediterranean Station.
On 13 November 1917 the United States Atlantic Fleet's Battleship Division 9 under the command of Rear-Admiral Hugh Rodman USN. was sent to Scapa Flow, Orkney Islands, Scotland to join the Grand Fleet upon arrival in British waters it was re designated the 6th battle Squadron serving until December, 1917.