4th Battle Squadron
|4th Battle Squadron|
|In Command||Rear/Vice/Admiral Commanding, 4th Battle Squadron|
The 4th Battle Squadron or Fourth Battle Squadron was a formation of Battle Ships of the Royal Navy, it was formed in 1912 and disbanded in 1924. It was commanded by the Rear-Admiral or Vice-Admiral or Admiral Commanding, 3rd Battle Squadron.
The Fourth Battle Squadron was originally born out of the battleship force of the Mediterranean Fleet, which until Mid-1912 had traditionally been seen as the front-line active force in the Royal Navy. With the reforms announced by First Lord of the Admiralty Winston Churchill in March, 1912, the Mediterranean battleship Squadron eventually became the Fourth Battle Squadron of the First Fleet.