1st Light Cruiser Squadron
From Naval History ArchiveJump to navigationJump to search
|1st Light Cruiser Squadron|
|First||Commodore, Second Class William E. Goodenough|
|Last||Rear-Admiral Hubert G. Brand|
The 1st Light Cruiser Squadron or First Light Cruiser Squadron was a formation of Light Cruisers of the Royal Navy, it was formed in July, 1913. In October 1924 it was re designated the 1st Cruiser Squadron.
Commodore Commanding, 1st Light Cruiser Squadron (1913-1915)
- Commodore, Second Class William E. Goodenough, 5 July, 1913 – February, 1915.
Rear-Admiral Commanding, 1st Light Cruiser Squadron (1915-1919)
- Rear-Admiral Edwyn S. Alexander-Sinclair, 8 February, 1915 – 7 July, 1917.
- Rear-Admiral Sir Walter H. Cowan, 7 July, 1917 – 5 July, 1920.
Vice-Admiral Commanding, 1st Light Cruiser Squadron (1920-1922)
- Vice-Admiral James A. Fergusson, July, 1920 – April, 1922.
Rear-Admiral Commanding, 1st Light Cruiser Squadron (1922-1924)
- Rear-Admiral Hubert G. Brand, 15 April, 1922 – 9 October, 1924.