18th Destroyer Flotilla
|18th Destroyer Flotilla|
The 18th Destroyer Flotilla first formed in September 1939 as part of the Portsmouth Command before being disbanded in November 1939. The flotilla then reformed Harwich as part of the Nore Command from June to December 1940 before being disbanded. It reformed for a third time on 1 July, 1941 when it was attached to the West Africa Station until 1 August, 1942. On 5 January, 1945 it was reformed once again as part of the East Indies Fleet until 4 May 1945 before being disbanded.
Captain (D) 18th Destroyer Flotilla
- Captain Clifford Caslon, September – October 1939
- Captain Percy Todd, October – November 1939
- Captain T E Halsey, June – December 1940
- Mackie, Colin. (January 2020).Royal Navy Senior Appointments from 1865. Flotillas & Squadrons. pp.194-253..
- Watson, Dr Graham (19 September 2015). "Royal Navy Organisation in World War 2, 1939-1945". www.naval-history.net. Gordon Smith. Retrieved 15 October 2020.
- Mackie.p. 235.